Registering for income support

These are tricky times.  If you’ve never received income support before, the Government have made some big changes to applying for income support.

Due to the high demand, you can’t complete the whole process on line. You can now register your intention to claim. 

Follow the steps here, and Centrelink will be in touch – so give them the best number and/or email to reach you on.

Questions about Centrelink

Q: Do I need to have a Centrelink Customer Reference Number?

No .  When Centrelink contacts you they will confirm your identity and give you a CRN.

Q: Do I need a separation letter from my employer?

You don’t need this.  If Centrelink need this later on, they’ll be in touch.

Q: I already receive a payment from Centrelink – what changes?

Well, that depends…  There’s different payment types and depending on your circumstances, the answer will be different Find the latest advice here.

Have any questions?

Give us call or send us a message and one of our friendly team members will be in touch shortly.

Give our team a call on 1300 139 920

Send us a message